By February 29, the scientific and technical library of VNTU will have been providing a test access to the databases of the known scientific metric platform Web of Science of Thomson Reuters Corporation according to the project "TORNADO" of the Consortium e-VERUM
Web of Science platform offers an access to a bibliographic database of scientific articles in prestigious periodicals, books and scientific conference proceedings indicating the actual citation of these materials.
It covers more than 57 million of entries in 18 711 most influential journals in the world (in particular, in the public domain) and 150 thousand of scientific conference proceedings in the field of natural and social sciences, humanities and arts.
Such databases are presented in the access:
- Science Citation Index Expanded (1970-2016)
- Social Science Citation Index (1970-2016)
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-2016)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index (1990-2016)
- Book Citation Index (2003-2016)
- Russian Science Citation Index (2002-2016)
- Scielo Citation Index (1980-2016)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (2015-2016)
- Korean Journal Index (1980-2016)
- Chinese Science Citation Database (1989-2016)
- Derwent Innovations Index (1963-2016)
- MEDLINE (1950-2016)
The link to the access is http://webofscience.com/ and is possible only from the local university network.