Effective date: September 1, 2019. This is English translation of original document "Політика конфіденційності"
This site https://vntu.edu.ua/ is mainained by the legal entity "VINNYTSIA NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY" (hereinafter referred to as the "University", "we" or "us"), legal entity ID (ЄДРПОУ) 02070693, which is registered and operates in accordance with the requirements of the law of Ukraine.
2. Types of colected data
When you visit the pages of the Website, the following information is collected:
- technical data: Session ID, IP address, and geolocation information
- personal information (for users who logged in by JetIQ): full name, email address, phone numbers, login and password, payment information, affiliation information of a university or academic unit, links for social network accounts;
- user-uploaded information: information that you voluntarily provide when you contact us, download, or otherwise submitted to the University.
3. Purposes for data collection and processing
Data is collected for eanbling the following purposes:
- providing user-requested information;
- providing news and alerts relevant to users of units and geographical regions;
- to participate in the interactive features of the University's websites if the user chooses to do so;
- analysis of impersonal information and traffic to improve the quality of the University's websites, mobile and web applications;
- detection, prevention and fast solving of technical issues.
4. Data collection process
Ways of data collection:
- by sendind to us emails, submitting forms or uploading files;
- by visiting the pages of the University's Website or authenticating using JetIQ;
5. Processes for storing, using and sharing data with third parties
We do not sell any kind of your personal information with third parties. We may distribute personally identifiable information that we collect or provide to you as described in this document:
- fulfilling your goals;
- for the service providers and other third parties we use to support our activities;
- dissemination of aggregate information about our users and non user-specific information;
- for any other purpose disclosed to us when you provide information.
We may also disclose your personal information in the following cases:
- compliance with the orders of the courts of Ukraine, laws of Ukraine or lawsuits, including responding to requests and orders of governmental institutions of Ukraine (including the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, to which University belongs);
- instances where disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of the University, our employees and students, or others.
6. Cookies usage policy
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie will help our Site, or another website, to recognize your device the next time you visit. For example, cookies can help us to remember your username and preferences, analyze how well our website is performing, or even allow us to recommend content we believe will be most relevant to you.
- improving the content and functionality of the University's websites. We are working to improve the performance of our websites, and to do this we need to study which pages are most frequently visited, shared by users on social networks, and have significant drawbacks;
- collection of analytical data. We use aggregate analytics to analyze attendance, work scheduling, and study the effectiveness of University-published content on the Internet.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the “settings“ or “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the Site and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
7. Tools for tracking and analyzing user activity
To track and analyze web site traffic, we utilize the following services:
9. Data protection
Personal information you provide to us is stored on a password protected server accessible only by administrator. We use SSL. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site because any transmission of information over the Internet has its inherent risks. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You are responsible for keeping your login credentials, if any, confidential.
10. Request forpersonal data change or destruction